Glenn Ford (1916-2006) made 27 westerns during his long film career. Here are those we considered the best.
- COWBOY (1958) Jack Lemmon, Brian Donlevy, Richard Jaeckel. Director Delmer Daves. One of the great trail drive movies of all time.
- 3:10 TO YUMA (1957) Van Heflin, Felicia Farr, Richard Jaeckel. Director Delmer Daves. The real one, written by Elmore Leonard. Two guys in a hotel room – great psychodrama.
- THE ROUNDERS (1965) Henry Fonda, Chill Wills, Edgar Buchanan, Sue Ane Langdon, Denver Pyle. Great western comedy. Ford and Fonda are great together.
- JUBAL (1956) Ernest Borgnine, Rod Steiger, Valerie French, Noah Beery Jr., Charles Bronson, Richard Jaeckel. Director Delmer Daves.
- FASTEST GUN ALIVE (1956) Broderick Crawford, Jeanne Craine, Russ Tamblyn, John Dehner. Director Russell Rouse.
- THE SHEEPMAN (1958) Shirley MacLaine, Leslie Nielsen, Edgar Buchanan, Slim Pickens. Director George Marshall.
- THE MAN FROM COLORADO (1948) William Holden, Edgar Buchanan Director Henry Levin.
- THE VIOLENT MEN (1955) Barbara Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson, Brian Keith, Richard Jaeckel, Director Robert Mate.
- THE SACKETTS (1979) Ruth Roman, Sam Eliot, Tom Selleck, Ben Johnson, Gilbert Roland, Jack Elam, Slim Pickens, L Q Jones. Director Robert Totten. A two part TV mini-series based on Louis l’Amour.
- THE MAN FROM THE ALAMO (1953) Julia Adams, Chill Wills, Hugh O’Brian, Victor Jory, Neville Brand. Director Budd Boetticher.
- And one honorable mention – the highly underrated and hard to find THE SECRET OF CONVICT LAKE (1951) Gene Tierney, Ethyll Barrymore, Zachary Scott.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.